advice needed

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Forum Monk wrote:Dropped in to see what the latest and found this thread. Whats going on? There's no link to anything and it looks the "POOF" worm has attacked. Is someone/thing editing this thread???

Yeah, MOnk. We don't edit anything!

:lol:
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
clubs_stink

Post by clubs_stink »

Minimalist wrote:
Forum Monk wrote:Dropped in to see what the latest and found this thread. Whats going on? There's no link to anything and it looks the "POOF" worm has attacked. Is someone/thing editing this thread???

Yeah, MOnk. We don't edit anything!

:lol:
I'm sorry I can tell him in PM if he asks..it's just about an expedition of a friend that I have mentioned on here before..just more stuff is coming to light. I WISH I could share the photo's I have worked with because I sure as hell could use some ideas on what the flip this stuff is. makes no sense at all.
clubs_stink

Post by clubs_stink »

sorry I popped out, I had a new and most evil virus amabama that ate my drivers and no virus killer knows anthing about it so far..I had to save my work files and use recovery discs to get this thing going again. I have the worst luck.

I've since gotten some more pics

I have been busy trying to debunk and or work out some of the theories concerning who used the site for what, and when...I wish I could share photos because I could use some help figuring out what some of the things are. Weaponry of a few sorts is clear, but geesh the other things I am just stumped.

I guess the only thing to do is to proceed with caution, document each step of the way, and keep his head down to avoid being shut down by the CLUB....(he's been assured that is what will happen...) GRRRR
clubs_stink

Post by clubs_stink »

i have asked for permission to share one photo in particular with folks who might have some historical knowledge about weaponry.

Anyone here have exeperience in this area?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I can tell a gladius from a broadsword and a cutlass from an epee.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Minimalist wrote:I

can tell a gladius from a broadsword and a cutlass from an epee.
But a razor can be difficult some mornings.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

True.

-- George Carlin
clubs_stink

Post by clubs_stink »

I got permission to share one photo, remember this is from an underwater camera, taken in a cave, (underwater) it's not the family photo from the Wal-Mart.

If anyone has or knows someone who has some knowledge of these things I'd appreciate it.

(the swords are easy to ID but oddly so...since they've been underwater for years.) I tried to google the corrosion rate of different metals...that didn't go well as I was unable to wrap my mind around all the charts and formulas...that was painful.

Let me know.
Rokcet Scientist

Judging from that pic I'd spend my time on more promising projects, clubs.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

What picture?

-- George Carlin
clubs_stink

Post by clubs_stink »

Minimalist wrote:What picture?
lol I didn't post any photo..I have gotten one PM with an offer to take a look at what I feel is one of the most interesting.

Speaking of interesting photos has anyone checked out the recent photos posted by Ben Hammot of the cave in Perillos? Talk about interesting!
Rokcet Scientist

Judging from that pic I'd spend my time on more promising projects, clubs.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I tend to agree with R/S about the quality of the photos; not only are they dark and blurry but there is nothing to give them a sense of scale.

I did, however, in the one titled corks.jpg note what could easily be the aiming handle of a swivel gun.

In the example above the gun is bronze but iron would have been far more common and these guns, which were designed to pick off individual sailors rather than poke holes in the hull, note the back of the larger cannon, below.

I'll see if I can get anything out of the others.

-- George Carlin
clubs_stink

Post by clubs_stink »

Minimalist wrote:I tend to agree with R/S about the quality of the photos; not only are they dark and blurry but there is nothing to give them a sense of scale.

I did, however, in the one titled corks.jpg note what could easily be the aiming handle of a swivel gun.

In the example above the gun is bronze but iron would have been far more common and these guns, which were designed to pick off individual sailors rather than poke holes in the hull, note the back of the larger cannon, below.

I'll see if I can get anything out of the others.
I keep trying to reply but the thing freezes.

I agree about the quality of the photos..but then those types of cameras were not designed to show us what we want to see....dammit.

If you go into any further detail about your observations, please do so via PM...lol I am still paranoid.

What would be the date of use on those cannon you posted? What about the marks? I was reading up on these things and most seem to have some sort of marking system on them.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

No good on any of the others.

-- George Carlin