Comet Impact - Noahs Flood?

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Mayonaze wrote:The sky is falling ...

and would corroborate research he and others have done.
He said that craters recently found in Argentina date from around the same period - suggesting that the Earth may have been hit by a shower of large meteors at about the same time.
I guess it could happen to us at any time.....couldn't it? And even if we had advance warning, what could we do about it? Nothing, I'm assuming.

Please someone, tell me I'm wrong. Tell me scientists have found that this just would not happen to us because of certain conditions prevailing these days...Go on, please tell me that - even if you have to make it up.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

See Rokcet's Tunguska post.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Mayonaze

Post by Mayonaze »

Ishtar: The article was written in 2001. Seems like they should be able to offer more information by now. The UK is just a small place, everybody knows everybody, right? ;-} Maybe you could just stick your head in and ask Dr Benny Peiser "who lectures on the effects of meteor impacts at John Moores University, Liverpool" what he's been up to since then?
Mayonaze

Post by Mayonaze »

Double post (sorry!)
Last edited by Mayonaze on Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mayonaze

Post by Mayonaze »

http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/impacteffects/

"Welcome to the Earth Impact Effects Program: an easy-to-use, interactive web site for estimating the regional environmental consequences of an impact on Earth. This program will estimate the ejecta distribution, ground shaking, atmospheric blast wave, and thermal effects of an impact as well as the size of the crater produced."

The "tell me more" link at the bottom of the page goes into detail about how the model was developed and by whom.
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Mayonaze wrote:Ishtar: Maybe you could just stick your head in and ask Dr Benny Peiser "who lectures on the effects of meteor impacts at John Moores University, Liverpool" what he's been up to since then?
We're relying on the Liverpudlians? :shock:

Oh please don't tell me we're relying on the Liverpudlians!
Digit

Post by Digit »

Our American friends might need that one explaining Ish! :lol:
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

The Beatles?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Digit wrote:Our American friends might need that one explaining Ish! :lol:
I'm not saying anything. The last time anyone in the public eye said anything about the Liverpudlians (I'm thinking Boris, here, Digit) he had to go there in person and apologise!

I am half Liverpudlian (on my father's side, maiden name Evans) so I'm entitled to criticise them. Don' t get me wrong, I love my relatives and all their neighbours and so on. They're great fun, especially if you want to be dragged round the nightclubs at three in the morning. It's just that I wouldn't want to rely on them for a meteor strike early warning. They'd probably all be down the pub!
Digit

Post by Digit »

maiden name Evans)
Evans? One of the wandering Boyos I think.
By the way, it's the spear side as opposed to distaff side. :roll:
I know, I'm a know all. :lol:
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Digit wrote:
maiden name Evans)
Evans? One of the wandering Boyos I think.
By the way, it's the spear side as opposed to distaff side. :roll:
I know, I'm a know all. :lol:
Oh good. I need a know all. What does that mean about the spear and the distaff and all that? Please tell me. I'd love to know more about my name and ancestors. We tried to trace them but couldn't get very far back.
Mayonaze

Post by Mayonaze »

Ishtar; You've seen this?

http://genforum.genealogy.com/evans/

Try a search on "UK" - you might come up with something.

One of my GGrandmothers was an Evans.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Knowing about spear and distaff won't help there I'm afraid Ish.
You may know all of this but I obviously don't know how much so forgive me if I state the obvious.
A 'maiden' name is the Sir name, (Sire name), of an unmarried woman. In this country her father's Sir name.
The other name for an unmarried woman was a spinster, eg, she spun thread. Thread is spun with the aid of a Distaff, the waited end that 'spun' the thread and so means any relative in the female line.
The male equivalent of the Distaff line is the 'Spear' line.
If you want to seek relatives, ancient or modern, the easy route is to contact the church in which ever parish your parents were born and ask if the still have the records of Christenings etc or whether they are now held by the county council. If they are, contact the archivist. You can sometimes do that via Google. Some archivists charge others do not.
In Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire I know that the records are held by county archivists from my own research.
My sir name is Randall. It comes either from Norman French or is a corruption of the Saxon Ranwulf, meaning Wolf hunter. Did a good job didn't we? :lol:
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Even though I have woundered about the word "distaff," and I always asumed that a "Spinster" was the spinning sister of the married one, kind of filling her time untill it was her time,

Back to the meteor hits.

Was this hit in what is now the marshes of Iraq and the Indian Ocean hit the made all the chevron dunes are at the same time period?

Two different hits from the same shower?

Either one by itself would be an event. But together?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Either one by itself would be an event. But together?

Probably an extinction level event. Besides, if either had happened there should be plenty of evidence in ice cores.

Have they looked there?

-- George Carlin