Gault Site Purchased and Donated

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Gault Site Purchased and Donated

Post by Minimalist »

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 82703.html
AUSTIN — After trying to raise the money to buy an archaeological dig site north of Austin, a University of Texas professor cashed out his personal savings to purchase the land and then donated it to the Archaeological Conservancy.

The 33-acre Gault site in Southwestern Bell County was one of the major areas of activity for the Clovis people in North America and contains relics that are as many as 13,500 years old, said Michael Collins, associate researcher at the Texas Archeological Research Laboratory at UT's J.J. Pickle Research Campus.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

What a guy! :shock:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

It's not that far from where Charlie is working.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

I hope the guy has a very merry Christmas! 8)
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

The Gault site has had quite a few contributors over the years - i.e., contributions for funding the science. I would think that Collins would have gotten donations to buy it, but apparently not.

Another description of the Gault site: http://www.texasbeyondhistory.net/gault/index.html

Michael Collins has been mentioned quite a few times in this forum regarding the search for the First Americans. He's done a very good deed for science.
Cognito

Collins

Post by Cognito »

Collins is putting his money where his mouth is. We could use more of those types.
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Digit

Post by Digit »

Too right Cog!
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

I told yall he was a good dude.