FM's Archaeo-Astronomy Topic - the basics

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

CShark

Just goes to show ya...

Post by CShark »

Digit wrote:Nah Nah! WA. The earlier Springs are all down to global warming mate! :lol:
I hate to tell you FM but you're beating your head against the proverbial. On a quiz show this evening the question was, which planet of the Solar System orbits the Sun once every 365 and a quarter days?
Reply. Neptune! I kid you not!
Wow...must be the same person who produces all those reality shows.
CShark

Post by CShark »

Forum Monk wrote:There's another kind of madness Digit. Many amateur's will give up sleep remaining outside until the wee-hours just to take advantage of favorable viewing conditions. Especially in summer when nights are short or when clear skies are rare. So much to see and so little time to see it.

And as for allure. When looking at the Andromeda galaxy, its not only the fact you looking at the sister galaxy to our milkyway. You are looking across 2.5 million years of time; when perhaps an ancient hominid was gazing upward at similar sights.

Astronomy is cool 8)

I remember vividly when I 'discovered' andromeda; was scanning the skies with a four inch Newtonian, and just about s#!% when it came into view :shock:

You know you are a geek when....