How Do You Lose A Pyramid?

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

How Do You Lose A Pyramid?

Post by Minimalist »

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200806 ... 3U782.html
SAQQARA, Egypt (AP) - Egyptian archaeologists have uncovered the "missing pyramid" of a pharaoh and a ceremonial procession road where high priests carried mummified remains of sacred bulls, Egypt's antiquities chief said Thursday.

Zahi Hawass said the pyramid - of which only the base remains - is believed to be that of King Menkauhor, an obscure pharaoh who ruled for only eight years more than 4,000 years ago.

In 1842, German archaeologist Karl Richard Lepsius mentioned Menkauhor's pyramid among his finds at Saqqara, calling it the "Headless Pyramid" because its top was missing, Hawass said.

But the desert sands covered Lepsius' discovery, and no archaeologist since was able to find it.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Re: How Do You Lose A Pyramid?

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

But the desert sands covered Lepsius' discovery, and no archaeologist since was able to find it.
Of course! What do you expect? They didn't have GPS yet then, did they!
Digit

Post by Digit »

P'raps it's in the basement of the British Museum! There's all sorts of stuff down there.
rich

Post by rich »

:D It was made of big mud bricks that were destroyed by a flood :D
i'm not lookin' for who or what made the earth - just who got me dizzy by makin it spin
Rokcet Scientist

Luckily they keep finding a plethora of 'new' pyramids to make up for the odd lost one. No harm done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PvZFnDNw7E
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Nice pictures. I could have lived without the drumbeat.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

That's what the volume slider is for, Min...
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

I was not aware of there being tunnels found and explored in the Bosnia pyramid.
Are there any other sites showing this?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Didn't Schoch say that the tunnels were dug in WWII or something?

-- George Carlin
rich

Post by rich »

eh - they probably used the stones to build another pyramid :D
i'm not lookin' for who or what made the earth - just who got me dizzy by makin it spin
Rokcet Scientist

According to this geezer the pyramids were launch platforms for the space ships of the Anunaki, as well as microwave energy receptacles/collectors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgJINJKmI-Y
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Digit wrote:P'raps it's in the basement of the British Museum! There's all sorts of stuff down there.
The British Meseum must have the biggest basement in the world. Perhaps everything that's ever been lost is hidden there?
neilmarr

Post by neilmarr »

I remember thinking it was tommyrot when my Old Man told me when I was knee-high to a dodo that the Scottish National Museum in Edinburgh displayed only ten percent of its potential exhibits.

Some years later (after wandering the halls a million or so times), I was given an unofficial tour of some of the storerooms in the basement and got the impression that he was about right after all.

Wonder if anyone else was naive enough back in the late sixties to swallow the 'discovery' described in one of the silly, pseudoscientific books of the time that if you were to construct in cardboard a pyramid of identical proportion to Giza and place a dull razor blade within it overnight, the blade will be restored to pristine keenness by breakfast.

I was. Didn't work.

Cheers. Neil
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Zahi Hawass classifies such people as "pyramidiots."

Unfortunately, he then goes on to use the term to describe people who dispute his Khufu-Built-It-For-His-Tomb theory.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Hmmm. I don't know what Zahi's theory about the pyramids is. But I've been reading a lot of Egyptian stuff lately, plus a lot about Neolithic funerary rites, and I've been coming to conclusion that the pyramids weren't built to be tombs - that that was just part of their function, the rest and the most important part being given over to their rituals and ceremonies to their gods.
Plato talks (somewhere, can't remember where, but will find out) about being involved in an inititation rite in a pyramid in Egypt. So does apparently, Pythagorus (will come back with references later).

On top of that, when we look at the burials of elite peoples at Neollithic sites like Catal Hoyuk and Ain Ghazal, as well as the traditional ways of the modern day Barasana Indians and the south African San after thousands of years, we see a pattern. The best graves (and thus reserved for the eilte) were always under the floor or in the walls of where all the important shamanic rituals took place.

It's as if the dead still wanted to remain a part of the ritual action even after their death.

Some 'royal' skeletons have been found at Stonehenge, and now people are saying that Stonehenge was a royal mausoleum. But I think these elites wanted to be buried there for the same reason, that they wanted to stay close the action, prhaps believing that they stood a better chance of a better afterlife that way - a bit like having a front row ticket instead of in 'the gods' - no pun intended! :D

We can see that Neolithic man was not in the habit of building buildings solely for his own dead body to be entombed in. But that's what we do today, so perhaps we are judging them by our own standards.