Ancient Tools From 100,000 year ago

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Ancient Tools From 100,000 year ago

Post by Minimalist »

In South Africa.

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_ ... 205C997417
Thackeray said the tools, which have been flaked in several places to form a cutting edge, probably would have been used to break animal bones to get at the marrow.

The marrow is likely to have been an important source of protein to supplement a prehistoric diet of roots, tubers, fruit and insects, said Thackeray.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Now, Min ... are you sure it wasn't ice that caused that flaking and created that cutting edge?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Maybe but I didn't think the glaciers got that far!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

So the Club will create one Min.
They're never short of helpful ideas!