Hebrew script?

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

It’s the belief that the gods/spirits were derived from the glorification and exaggeration of the actions of a real life hero or king.

I'm sure that happened on some occasions.... one of them seems to be "jesus." Nonetheless, I'm sure far more were simply invented by corrupt priests looking to assert their position over the commons. There is no rule which says that it must be one thing or the other.

But then, I tend to by cynical about such stuff!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

An update on the original story but even Garfinkle seems to understand that far more extensive digging will be necessary to get to a definitive answer about the site.

http://www.jewishchronicle.org/article. ... e_id=10882
Located on the road to Jerusalem, the fortress could have been a front-line defense of the city against enemy Philistines, Garfinkel says, and evidence of a powerful and centralized kingdom that needed protection.
While the above is certainly true, it works both ways. Such a fort would also have been as useful for Philistines watching the east as it was for "Judaeans" watching the west. [/quote]
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

-- George Carlin