Courtesy of Charlie Hatchett

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Courtesy of Charlie Hatchett

Post by Minimalist »

Sam Van Landingham's report on diatoms at Hueyatlaco.

http://cayman.globat.com/~bandstexas.co ... 202008.pdf
Conclusions
All of the proper indicative diatom/cyst fossils associated with the ancient artifacts at Hueyatlaco are present in the correct places (and absent from the places where they should not occur) to be consistent with a Sangamonian Interglacial or older (Illinoian Glacial) age.
Those who would wish to argue against the case for the great antiquity (prior to the Last Ice Age) of humanity in the New World by attacking the veracity of the compelling diatom and chrysophyte evidence have picked the wrong place to make such an argument at Hueyatlaco No other archaeological site in world is associated with such a variety of age diagnostic diatoms and chrysophytes and in such profusion. Moreover, the Valsequillo area has the most complicated non-marine diatomaceous sequence in the world: 22 beds compressed into less than 2 million years and into less than 30 m.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Er ... did he send a translation? :?
Digit

Post by Digit »

Yes Ish, that is the translation! :lol:

Roy.
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

So does this imply that human made artifacts were found in the layer that went back more than 200kya?
Last edited by dannan14 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

In North America. (Which is a key piece of the puzzle.)

:D

I'm sure Charlie is delighted!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

I'll bet!

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

And 200,000 BC means Homo Erectus and

that

means

BOATS!!!!!

-- George Carlin
Cognito

Boats

Post by Cognito »

And 200,000 BC means Homo Erectus and that means BOATS!!!!!
It could also be Homo sapiens or even Homo antecessor. However, it does mean boats. :D
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I'm reaching for the Brass Ring on this one, Cogs!

-- George Carlin
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

i think HE makes more sense when folklore is taken into consideration. Yeti, Sasquatch, Chupacabra, Mothman, etc. But of course, we get our beloved boats either way!
john

Post by john »

Ishtar wrote:Er ... did he send a translation? :?
Ishtar -

"Attempts have been made to discredit the Hueyatlaco
early man artifacts and their in situ emplacement with such speculations as redeposition
and an inset unconformably into an older section. The biostratigraphy and paleoecology
of these numerous diatoms and cysts negate the likelihood of any redeposition, inset, or
unconformity claims associated with artifact-bearing beds at Hueyatlaco. Those who insist
on maintaining that humanity first arrived in North America during the Last Ice Age
(Wisconsinan) or postglacial times are going to find it more and more difficult, if not impossible, to try to discredit the rapidly growing body of evidence supplied by diatom/
cyst studies and by various investigations which have produced sophisticated and sustained
lithostratigraphical, biostratigraphical, paleoecological, etc. data from the Valsequillo
(Hueyatlaco) region, all of which are in essential agreement with a pre-Wisconsinan (>80,000
yr BP) age for the Hueyatlaco artifacts."

Weirdly enough, when I copied and pasted this quote,

It showed up kinda' like I write.

Cosmic Lines of Occurrence Are Everywhere.

And yes, BOATS!

And yes - much more significantly -

The level of COGNITION

Required to build and navigate boats.

triple hoka hey

john

ps

Charlie, come home. I'll speak for myself.

I always appreciated your iconoclasm.
"Man is a marvellous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is sort of a low-grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm."

Mark Twain
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

We have to finish rehabilitating HNS before we can start on HE, John.... but it seems like a worthwhile project. After all, they survived a pretty tough environment too.

-- George Carlin
john

More Cosmic Lines of Occurence

Post by john »

All - especially Minimalist -

You're gonna love this one.

Boats, Hematite, Cognition.

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_ ... 530C280787

hoka hey

john
"Man is a marvellous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is sort of a low-grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm."

Mark Twain
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

! And arrows, John.
the first bone arrow head, aged between 65 000 and 62 000 years.

Pushes archery back a bit as well.

-- George Carlin
john

Post by john »

Minimalist wrote:! And arrows, John.
the first bone arrow head, aged between 65 000 and 62 000 years.

Pushes archery back a bit as well.
Minimalist -

Arrow points and atlatl points are quite similar...........

Jury's still out, in my opine.

hoka hey

john

Mark Twain