Expect it to hit the fan with this one!

All points south!

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Expect it to hit the fan with this one!

Post by Minimalist »

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 124418.htm
University of Minnesota anthropology professor Kieran McNulty (along with colleague Karen Baab of Stony Brook University in New York) has made an important contribution toward solving one of the greatest paleoanthropological mysteries in recent history -- that fossilized skeletons resembling a mythical "hobbit" creature represent an entirely new species in humanity's evolutionary chain.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

This is one of the best stories of it's kind.
So much huffing and puffing on both sides.
And then throw in the national politics.
Fun fun fun
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

Yeah, this is great news. Those who are saying HF is not a separate species really have nothing left to stand on. i can't wait for more HF bones to be found. It's really exciting to have the Lilliputians turn out to be non-fiction
Sam Salmon

Post by Sam Salmon »

kbs2244 wrote:This is one of the best stories of it's kind.
So much huffing and puffing on both sides.
And then throw in the national politics.
Fun fun fun
More fun than......Monkeys!!! :lol: 8)
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Weren’t they reported to be contemporary with the human natives?
Didn’t the humans have stories, legends, myths or whatever of “little people who live in the forest?”

And, now that I think about it, aren’t those kind of stories worldwide?
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

Correct on all counts. if my memory serves me right. That would be a real trip if HF or substantially similar bones were found thousands of miles from Flores.

But even without all that this could jumpstart alot of digs on other islands in the area. i'd be surprised if the little guys were confined to one island.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Un poco mas.

http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/548226/?sc=rssn
In a an analysis of the size, shape and asymmetry of the cranium of Homo floresiensis, Karen Baab, Ph.D., a researcher in the Department of Anatomical Scienes at Stony Brook University, and colleagues conclude that the fossil, found in Indonesia in 2003 and known as the “Hobbit,” is not human. They used 3-D shape analysis to study the LB1 skull of the hobbit and found the shape of the skull to be consistent with a scaled down human ancestor but not modern humans. Their findings, reported in the current online edition of the Journal of Human Evolution, add to the evidence that the hobbit is a new species.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Serve
Return
Serve
Return
Serve
Return
Ad Nausm
Rokcet Scientist

Re: Expect it to hit the fan with this one!

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Why such excitement over a part of a pre-holocene midget skull when we have live ones, complete, and still attached to their owners, running around in all corners of the world?
Leona Conner

Re: Expect it to hit the fan with this one!

Post by Leona Conner »

Washington, DC comes to mind.