Tasmanian Site Discovery

All points south!

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Digit

Re: Tasmanian Site Discovery

Post by Digit »

I'm in! :lol:

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Digit wrote:I'm in! :lol:

Roy.
OK, write a 'treatment', less than 10 pages, laying out the principle chapters to be covered and some examples that illustrate them. Then sell the concept to auntie Beeb. They've got the scriptwriters, the production capability, and the money.
Last edited by Rokcet Scientist on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I'm out! :lol:

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Rokcet Scientist

It's called natural selection :lol:
It's all for the best, because I want a stunningly attractive and highly intelligent 45 year old woman anyway!
We need ratings, mate! And credibility.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I want a stunningly attractive and highly intelligent 45 year old woman anyway!
So do the rest of us! :lol:

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

45 seems kind of young..........
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Digit wrote:
I want a stunningly attractive and highly intelligent 45 year old woman anyway!
So do the rest of us! :lol:

Roy.
Well, that's settled then. One less bone of contention.

I await your proposals as to whom might fill that slot.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Oh...wait.

You wanted intelligent.

Never mind.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

You mean you find Palin 'stunningly attractive'... :lol:

That campaign video really got to you, didn't it? :lol:
Digit

Post by Digit »

We discount this one the Min!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-New ... C_Wetherby

Please note the working brake lights!!!

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Rokcet Scientist wrote:You mean you find Palin 'stunningly attractive'... :lol:

That campaign video really got to you, didn't it? :lol:

That WAS good.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Digit wrote:We discount this one the Min!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-New ... C_Wetherby

Please note the working brake lights!!!

Roy.

For some reason its telling me to download Flash...which I already have...in order to see it. I'll mess with this later.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Minimalist wrote: For some reason its telling me to download Flash...which I already have...in order to see it. I'll mess with this later.
Flash is bad news. As your 'helper message' illustrates. It is corrupt as hell and crashes browsers left and right. That's why it will be replaced by HTML5 (and why Flash is blocked from running on iPods, iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touches).
But you don't have HTML5 yet (nobody does). So I would suggest you try to run that video in another browser.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I was catching up on my reading here in the forum, and noticed this thread. So I thought I might add something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehistory_of_Australia

Although Oz has been connected at times with both Tasmania and New Guinea, they are still isolated from the rest of the world by about 70km.
Of course this doesn't mean that at some other time humans didn't travel there via boats.
Rokcet Scientist

Beagle wrote:I was catching up on my reading here in the forum, and noticed this thread. So I thought I might add something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehistory_of_Australia

Although Oz has been connected at times with both Tasmania and New Guinea, they are still isolated from the rest of the world by about 70km.
Huh? The width of Lombok Strait is a mere 21 kilometres (13 miles). HE could easily see the other side, so he had a concrete destination to go to.
Of course this doesn't mean that at some other time humans didn't travel there via boats.
HE was already on Java by 1,57 mya. So he either walked there or boated/rafted there. The boat/raft supporters will consequently have to accept that HE knew about boating/rafting long before he stood on the beach of New Guinea facing Oz. So getting across was feasible. They knew about boating/rafting, after all.

I still maintain they walked/waded from New Guinea to Oz though (after boating/rafting from Bali to Lombok/Flores around 1 mya).
Because they could.