Were Neandertals Victorians?

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Rokcet Scientist

Were Neandertals Victorians?

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

It would seem so. Just look at these 'artistic interpretations':

All those HNs in the images wear 'modest' loincloths. But did they? Have we found any? Or any images, like rock drawings that HN made of themselves wearing loincloths?
I don't think so.
Afaic those loincloths came out of thin air. Out of the artist's imagination under (cultural) pressure.
So it looks to me we, today, still willfully distort reality out of a religiously prescribed and enforced sense of shame for the naked human, or even non-human, body.

That's sad, in 2010 AD.
kbs2244

Re: Were Neandertals Victorians?

Post by kbs2244 »

Good point.
But we do have to make it "safe" for the school kids to see.

It reminds me of your PICs of the Hindu temples.
I had seen the PICs from a half mile away since grade school.
I had never seen the close up "sex scenes" until you posted them.
Rokcet Scientist

kbs2244 wrote:Good point.
But we do have to make it "safe" for the school kids to see.
Only the law (= cultural pressure) commands that. Logic refutes it.
It reminds me of your PICs of the Hindu temples.
I had seen the PICs from a half mile away since grade school.
Well, you were shown a distorted reality, apparently. They censored out the bits that really mattered, wouldn't you say!
Falls under the moniker of conditioning for me. A.k.a. mind control.
I had never seen the close up "sex scenes" until you posted them.
Shows you what a good job they did keeping 'm out of your sight. Censoring it. Censoring you, really...

Here's another one: you probably know most pre Tutanchamon ancient Egyptian relief images of pharaos have systematically been defaced: all noses were 'cut off' with chisels, and sometimes eyes, too, were disfigured. It's been suggested this was done on Ramses II's orders.
What most renditions of this tale omit to tell you is that many of the standing pharao reliefs sported gigantic, erect penises sticking out. Those were cut away as well, of course. Or probably in the first place, with the disfiguring of the noses and eyes only a secondary goal.

And the censoring is still going on. Just try to find good quality photos, not artistic interpretations, of standing pharaoh reliefs that allow you to examine the pelvic area in detail. That shouldn't be very hard with a subject matter that's been in the spotlight of western public attention for centuries, should it?
Well... I can't find any, in a short but very pointed search!
Because if we could find them, they would show what 'they' don't want you to see/know. Because it's 'immoral'.
It is reality, for god's sake!

BTW, I haven't given up searching for those photos. I know they exist. Too many thousands of interested tourists have seen the real thing and made pictures of it for them not to. But they are skilfully being kept out of the mainstream sofar.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I think it is safe to say that the Victorians were victorian.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Minimalist wrote:I think it is safe to say that the Victorians were victorian.
And millions of their predecessors and successors were and still are hysteric prudes.

Here's another one:
you've probably been told that pharaohs were required to perform their religious duties to the other gods once a year in the main temple, in its inner sanctum. But exactly what those duties may have been always remains skirted around. As if we don't know. There are, however, a lot of reasons to deduct that pharaoh's 'duty', once a year in the temple's inner sanctum, was that he had to ritually copulate with the high priestess. Yes, on the altar, and probably in front of a whole audience of the other high priests. And privileged guests to the ceremony... possibly 'getting involved' in the 'rituals'. In short: a royal gang bang! A heavenly roll in the hay!

That's where the giant, erect penis came in handy, no?

But the powers that be deem this depraved behaviour, and thus censor this, what was the most important religious ritual in ancient Egypt, simply out of what they tell you about it. What's left of it is heavily distorted reality. A mindfuck.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

“There are, however, a lot of reasons to deduct that pharaoh's 'duty', once a year in the temple's inner sanctum, was that he had to ritually copulate with the high priestess. Yes, on the altar, and probably in front of a whole audience of the other high priests. And privileged guests to the ceremony... possibly 'getting involved' in the 'rituals'. In short: a royal gang bang! A heavenly roll in the hay!”

That ceremony is described in some detail in Dan Browns novel The DaVinci Code.
Along with the explanations he gives for many old symbols.

I guess we cannot call him "Victorian."
Rokcet Scientist

True, Brown's more an opportunist.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I've never heard of this being such a big deal in Egypt...although the term "Egypt" covers about 3 millenia so generalizing is difficult.

Sumeria - OTOH - well they knew what was going down.

http://www.ishtartemple.org/sacredIshtar.htm
The Greek historian Herodotus (3 BC) tells us: 'Babylonian custom... compels every woman of the land once in her life to sit in the temple of love and have intercourse with some stranger... the men pass and make their choice. It matters not what be the sum of money; the woman will never refuse, for that were a sin, the money being by this act made sacred.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Minimalist wrote:I've never heard of this being such a big deal in Egypt...
If it was pharao's most important annual ceremonial duty I think you may assume it was the biggest deal in the land!
The fact that you never heard of it being so demonstrates how conditioned you/we are...
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I've never heard of invisible pink unicorns, either. That does not mean that there is a conspiracy to hide them.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Minimalist wrote:I've never heard of invisible pink unicorns, either. That does not mean that there is a conspiracy to hide them.
If there are invisible pink unicorns you never hearing of them does mean there is a conspiracy to hide them!
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

“The Greek historian Herodotus (3 BC) tells us: 'Babylonian custom... compels every woman of the land once in her life to sit in the temple of love and have intercourse with some stranger... the men pass and make their choice. It matters not what be the sum of money; the woman will never refuse, for that were a sin, the money being by this act made sacred.”

That practice was somewhat widespread.
When the OT prophets complained about “temple prostitutes” this is what they meant.
Rokcet Scientist

kbs2244 wrote:'Babylonian custom... compels every woman of the land once in her life to sit in the temple of love and have intercourse with some stranger... the men pass and make their choice.
So nothing's changed in the last 5,000 years, has it? Except the nomenclature: a "temple' would now be called a "club", or "discotheque"...

:lol:
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

Rokcet Scientist wrote:
kbs2244 wrote:'Babylonian custom... compels every woman of the land once in her life to sit in the temple of love and have intercourse with some stranger... the men pass and make their choice.
So nothing's changed in the last 5,000 years, has it? Except the nomenclature: a "temple' would now be called a "club", or "discotheque"...

:lol:
Something has changed alright. The prudish, depraved types have succeeded in making the general populous think that sex is dirty, immoral, wrong and meant to be for heterosexual married couples trying to have a baby. Not only that, but they have hidden their depravity by accusing the less inhibited side of being depraved.
Rokcet Scientist

The bonobos do it right: sex is the catch-all solution to every difference of opinion in their matriarchal society. And everybody does it with everybody else. All the time. Males with females, males with males, females with females, females with juveniles, males with juveniles, juveniles with each other, etc. etc. The old and the young, everybody does it! All the time! And it works! They have a much more peaceful society than patriarchal (warring) chimpanzees do.

Bonobos make love, not war...

Now, if we humans could assimilate that behavior we'd see Obama an Ahmadinejad going at it on the White House lawn...
Much better than chucking bombs on simple farmer families in poor, arid lands! :lol: