Again!

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Digit

Again!

Post by Digit »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... al-warming

Give me strength! Who proposed that tripe I wonder?

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Again!

Post by Minimalist »

Bermuda's known about the white roof thing for years.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

White roofs may keep your house cool Min but heat that is within the atmosphere is in, a white roof will make no difference to GW what so ever!

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I live in a desert. I can assure you the "heat island" thing is for real. We're just getting to shut our air conditioners off now.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Oh agreed Min, London for example has its own local climate, but solar radiation that is already in the Earth's atmosphere will raise its temp what ever you do.
A white roof won't bounce the radiation back into space.

Roy.