What happened?

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

circumspice

What happened?

Post by circumspice »

What happened to the lively discussions that we used to have?! :?:
And I don't mean the petty, mean spirited flame wars... :shock:
It's becoming positively dead here. :(
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Digit

Re: What happened?

Post by Digit »

I'm doing my best but Min no longer takes the bait. Bring back RS I say! :twisted:

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
JSteen

Post by JSteen »

I miss your discussions too. I used to learn a lot here. Get back to discussing!
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

There has not been a really exciting topic since the Neanderthal genome project came out.

It's hard to get people too worked up about pottery shards.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Things do seem to have gone quiet recently, or perhaps it just seems that way after a rather exciting few months.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

At some point I expect the OoA crowd to counter-attack.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

The fact that such has taken so long would suggest that they've reached the bottom of the barrel Min. A sort of rearguard action?

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Perhaps.

Maybe they were so smitten by their own dogma that they paid no interest at all to what the HN genome project was doing. The later Denisovan finding would have simply been another body blow.

If OoA had not been so dead certain that there was no interbreeding they wouldn't be in this spot. They could have adapted the new findings as "isolated incidents" and gone on their merry way.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

These things become dogma eventually Min, to be defended as though any alternatives are a personal insult.

Roy.
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Digit wrote:I'm doing my best but Min no longer takes the bait. Bring back RS I say! :twisted:

Roy.

If RS would play nice, I would have him back, but I think pigs will fly before that happens.
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Yep! I suspect that is so Mich, as with Marduk! Wonder what happened to him?

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Sheesh - I'd forgotten about him.

R/S I email with almost every day.

-- George Carlin
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Minimalist wrote:Sheesh - I'd forgotten about him.

R/S I email with almost every day.

Hope he's well. Has he mellowed or still passionate to an extreme fault?
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Mellowed?

Not really....although he's quite good over at atheistforums.

Perhaps its the subject matter?

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Well there wouldn't be much science involved would there? :lol:

Roy.