Narragansett Stone Update and Theft Details

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

shawomet

Re: Narragansett Stone Update and Theft Details

Post by shawomet »

Irrelevant and removed.
Last edited by shawomet on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

This thread started out to be pretty interesting. I had heard of the stone and that it had been stolen, but last I heard hadn't yet been recovered. That's why I came here to start with. But, the thread quickly deteriorated into you two sniping at one another, which is interesting to no one except you two. I think that both of you contribute very much here, which is the only reason I am not lobbying for both of your banishment from this site. I realize that I have not been around and do not know the back story of this argument. Regardless, this is not the place for it. If you two want to argue with one another do it in PMs or email. It's really boring to the rest of us when you do it here. That is not why we're here. Thank you for your time.

Yep I'm back!
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

Irrelevant and removed.
Last edited by shawomet on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

I think he just likes to get you going. You write these long, defensive, diatribes and he is entertained by it. In my current mood, it's kinda funny how you let him bait you.
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

Frank Harrist wrote:I think he just likes to get you going. You write these long, defensive, diatribes and he is entertained by it. In my current mood, it's kinda funny how you let him bait you.
Maybe your right. I no doubt take things a wee bit too seriously at times. I did not want the readership seriously misled by inaccurate facts and inferences that I never suggested. Frank, at the same time, none of this is of any importance in the grand scheme of things. I do recognize that. And I'm going to delete all my long winded replies in several threads, many of which were not kind, and shame on me. Thank you for expressing your point of view, and for pointing out my lapses in judgement. Did add a photo at the start of this thread of the recovered stone, and the photo below, prior to it's disappearance, looking NNE into Narragansett Bay at low tide...

OK, Frank, cleaned up my long winded responses to Mr. Grondine in 3 separate threads. Won't happen again, sir.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (137.36 KiB) Viewed 4537 times
Last edited by shawomet on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

I did not ask you to do that. Thanks anyway. Don't go away. You're a smart guy. We need those here.
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

Not a problem at all. I do take things far too seriously at times, and I feel much better having cleaned up my responses. Thanks, and have a nice weekend.