Clovis Comet Commemorated

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

uniface

Clovis Comet Commemorated

Post by uniface »

in Petroglyphs ? Sounds demented. But read it first . . . THEN know it all. OK ? :wink:

http://www.viewzone.com/clovisart.html
circumspice

Re: Clovis Comet Commemorated

Post by circumspice »

Read it.

Walks off whistling the Loony Toons theme song.

Buh dee, buh dee, buh dee... That's all folks!

(Proto-Canaanite, she whispers...)

:lol:
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

The dating of the petroglyphys is not unreasonable , but the association of the various motifs with plasma columns and z pinches is incredibly unlikely if not nuts . These same motifs are found worldwide and in all periods , even in passge graves with no view ,southerly or otherwise .
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

I remember this discovery, and yes, the petroglyphs are likely Paleo in age. May be Clovis people, or the Western tradition that made lances. In either case, I don't quite understand how these glyphs record the hypothetical event.
uniface

Post by uniface »

the association of the various motifs with plasma columns and z pinches is incredibly unlikely if not nuts.
Translation : according to the current imaginative reconstruction of what life must have been like (and have been limited by) then, "the association of &c."

Fine. Accurate. Undeniable. But you're leaving something out : that everything back then was incredibly unlikely if not nuts.

Like the Continental distribution of Clovis technology. Actual human beings playing "pass it along" end up inadvertantly getting noise in the signal, to the point where the eventual result is -- informationally -- a xerox of a xerox of a xerox of a xerox of a xerox of a xerox.

Yet this technology & set of memes somehow or other, immune to ordinary human entropy, "spread" (?) from Nova Scotia to Florida & Alaska to South America in space, and down thousands of generations in time in each locale.

Same deal with the notion that they just learned it -- people in place realised it was a better way of doing things and "converted." Again : directly contrary to universally observable human nature.

Same deal with the idea of them spreading out across the landscape from a point of entry to occupy all of habitable North America (plus) within the time frame allotted to them. If the first idea's nuts, that one's Looney Tunes.

There are more reality-based objections than these (Does anybody ever think about stuff like this ?), but they're enough to point to what I'm getting at : that while it's a pretty theory on paper, the whole Paleoindian origins scheme is Fantasy Island in the real world.

Take it one step further then, and join me in heresy : considering the preceding along with the universality of some of the symbols in the petroglyphs (noted in the article & probably cruised past or ignored), the only scenerio that MAKES Human-Beings SENSE is that they were seeded. As the Esquimos put it, by Big Silver Birds.

Crazy = Normal
:wink:
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

uniface wrote:
the association of the various motifs with plasma columns and z pinches is incredibly unlikely if not nuts.

Take it one step further then, and join me in heresy : considering the preceding along with the universality of some of the symbols in the petroglyphs (noted in the article & probably cruised past or ignored), the only scenerio that MAKES Human-Beings SENSE is that they were seeded. As the Esquimos put it, by Big Silver Birds.

How could it have been ignored when I made the point that the universality was temporal and spatial and it is that same universality that makes the theory nuts . If you believe that seeding makes sense you have a problem ,if you believe that it is the only scenario then the there is no hope .
The universality of motifs through space and time including what people are doing today has a much simpler explanation than Inuit and your myths .
uniface

Post by uniface »

How could it have been ignored when I made the point that the universality was temporal and spatial and it is that same universality that makes the theory nuts.
sigh
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

uniface wrote:
How could it have been ignored when I made the point that the universality was temporal and spatial and it is that same universality that makes the theory nuts.
sigh
You suggested that the universality of the motifs had been "cruised by or ignored " which was obviously wrong , see above .

"Sigh" , is that the the eloquent loony tunes rebuttal /refutation ,applicable to anything where an actual argument is not available ?
uniface

Post by uniface »

Sigh Trigger :
it is that same universality that makes the theory nuts.
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

uniface wrote:Sigh Trigger :
it is that same universality that makes the theory nuts.

So ,you don't understand the point or are incapable of responding with any content .