Maya in Georgia & Vice Versa

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

uniface

Re: Maya in Georgia & Vice Versa

Post by uniface »

When I was a kid, playing dodgeball was fun. :D

As an adult, playing dodgepoo gets old. :(

Carry on, gents. :lol:
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

Frank Harrist wrote:I think that TV show hosts are not expected to be that bright. Also, even if they do come up with facts the editors of the show will re-arrange things to make them more dramatic and get higher ratings and in the process sacrifice facts and truth in doing so. Wolters may not be totally to blame for the content of his show.

Also, I'd like to say that Wolters is pretty far out there with many of his theories, but I do like the questions he asks. I am not satisfied with his "answers" most of the time. He's a bit eccentric, to say the least. The program is entertaining, but, one should not accept it as strictly informative. It should spark the viewer's curiosity, not satisfy it. If you do not like his methods or his conclusions then you should do your own investigation. I always do. I check all so called "facts" I hear on History. It's an entertainment channel after all. Entertainers always take liberties with the facts. It's all about ratings and money. Real researchers are in the field doing research, not on TV trying to achieve false notoriety and fame....and money.
It's far worse then you think, Frank. The archaeological society involved with the "lost colony" of Ronoake(http://www.cashatteras.com/) put together a 20 minute documentary last year entitled "Taking America Unearthed to the Woodshed" in which they demonstrated the highly unethical and deceptive practices of what happened during the filming of the "Lost Colony" episode. Eventually, someone saw to it that the documentary could not be viewed on YouTube in the United States, where America Unearthed is broadcast. Now, you cannot find it anywhere on YouTube, or anywhere on the Internet. A shame because it fully exposed the questionable practices of this television series. I know another very prominent state archaeological society which turned the show down because people there were familiar with some of the questionable practices. It's possible uni would appreciate Wolter's overall effort to convince the American public that the Smithsonian, for many generations, has engaged in a conscious effort to hide the "TRUTH" of American history and prehistory. However, in doing so, all Wolter is doing is expanding the dominant zeitgeist of our age, conspiracy theory, and applying it to American history. Conspiracy theory sells these days, there's a conspiracy theory for every single unsolved mystery it seems these days, and Wolter does a huge disservice by deliberately fostering a belief among the gullible and uneducated public that such a conspiracy to hide the truth exists, and has for generations. He has a BS in geology, with a specialty in forensic geology involving concrete, not even rock!! His research is superficial pop-oriented fluff without much, if any, basis in fact. As you say, Frank, pure entertainment. Unfortunately, too many do not know how to recognize America Unearthed for the fairy tale that it is.

If you live outside the US, you may be able to watch this and see the truth about America Unearthed. But if you live n the US, you cannot:

http://therebel.org/en/most-read-opinio ... olony-myth

Scott Wolter does not like peer review. Wonder why?

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/1/post/201 ... eview.html

I know many of Wolter's followers. Regarding the claim that there existed/exists a secret bloodline of Jesus Christ, when I tell them no proof exists and we could never expect to prove such a thing, I am told the burden of proof is on those who are doubting to actually prove no such bloodline exists!!! No understanding at all of what "burden of proof" is! Talk about taking the discriminating power of the intellect and just flushing it down the toilet! Yep, it's infotainment and full of BS, but it gets more play time then the truth and in my world, that is a real shame, and frankly alarming....

Frank, I want to add that I agree completely with your assessment of the History Channel's role in our society. It should never be confused with rigorous research on any subject touched upon. With some subject matter exceptions. To the degree it makes folks think outside the box, and research topics themselves to ascertain an educated opinion, that does not hurt, except a waste of time expecting the claims to pan out very often. But that's how one may learn. But what gets me is how much more influential it can be in shaping the opinions of folks who just lap it all up, in comparison to a good teacher's ability to help his/her students learn how to use their minds and discriminating intellect without relying on others via blind faith. I don't think the approach of the History Channel is helping the American public form educated opinions. I've always been a great admirer of Alexis de Tocqueville, who traveled through our young nation in the early 19th. century, making observations that still ring true. In Democracy in America, he observed that in a mass democracy like America, within the market place of cultural beliefs and ideas, it would be possible or expected that the lowest common denominator will/would rise to the top. I think reality TV proves his point. Lol. Didn't really need to be proven IMHO.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

All true.

But just because these locations and artifacts are used a jumping off points for flights of fancy does not mean they do not exist.
Some of their points may be exaggerated, twisted, and even ignored.
But that is often done by both sides.

There are just to many historical “out of place artifacts” and locations, as well as the new ones coming to light, to allow the traditional, British centric N A histories to stand unchallenged.

It can be uncomfortable.
Change is uncomfortable.
But sometimes change is needed to match newly discovered truths.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Oh my gosh! You mean they silenced the people whose footage they used?
My, My, such nastirness.
Ya'll don't know how surprised I am by this.

They used my seriously demented half sister to scream threats of slander suits at me when I started to work on the Kieninger piece.

I've told all of you before that it is going to take at least $4,000 to finish up that piece.
Large bills in an envelop would do, or a trashbag full of smaller bills.

As our manufacturing sector collapses, it is producing large numbers of people who have "lost status" leading to paranoid schizophrenia with delusions of grandeur. This is their market, and they full well know it, and are designing their product to meet that demand. (In classical Marxist terms, their market is the lumpen-prole.)

As David put it, he knows his market - and he uses the fact of the existence of megaliths to force that suspension of disbelief that is necessary for cult leaders to use.

(Speaking of which, where the hell are all of the good factual documentaries dealing with them? Uhhh...)

This recent H2 barrage started off with "Ancient Aliens", after Giorgio and Dave struck their agreement on mailing lists.

If you are looking for ties, they are in the commercial contracts, so you have to look at the various companies involved.

But I'd follow talented video editor Steve Zagada and the footage licensing myself, as it is likely far easier and more direct.

You can be sure that David is getting his cut. Through book and DVD sales at least, and not only through the catalogue operations, but through the direct sales outlets as well, particularly the one down the street from the UFO museum in Roswell.

As far as their standard operating procedure goes, it is plagiarism.
David Childress's biggest fear was getting involved in the plagiarism suit against Dan Brown.
He hired Jerry Smith to write a cover version of "Holy Blood, Holy Grail", as he paid Jerry and his partner 15%
instead of the 45% that he would have had to pay for "Holy Blood, Holy Grail".
How many millions were they asking Dan Brown for anyway?

From what I read over at the Coshocton museum, Mr. Wolters simply lifted without acknowledgement earlier studies on Norse contact with the Orkneys, emphasizing the current theosophist "occult" cult beliefs about Masons. I suppose some of the members of NEARA know all about this, but if they are saying anything, it is not getting heard.

David et al. really do not like plagiarism suits (hint, hint).

I am pretty sure they had everyone sign releases before taping.
I have to confess, given OHS's general ignorance of contact era Native Americans in Ohio,
I am particularly looking forward to seeing Brad Lepper and "the mysterious Hopewell" being used by" unnamed ancient aliens theorists".

Hell, I seem to recall that "some ancient astronaut theorists" know that von Daniken simply lifted from earlier German writers.

Does anyone know how they "disappeared" those videos from you-tube?

You know my views on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlcbjrBcXDg
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju5EMsbuj8c
and "Olmec" and south America jaguar footage.
Just edit in Giorgio and David as talking heads,
scenes from "Plan 9 from Outer Space",

and voila:
"Ancient Alien Cats from Outer Space".

By the way, humor enjoys certain legal exceptions, and it is not as though the Comedy Channel is broke.
It would probably make a good chapter of South Park.
Last edited by E.P. Grondine on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

uniface wrote:When I was a kid, playing dodgeball was fun. :D

As an adult, playing dodgepoo gets old. :(
It sure does. :twisted:
uniface

Post by uniface »

Frank Harrist wrote:Wolters is pretty far out there with many of his theories, but I do like the questions he asks.
Compare
Groucho Marx wrote:Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in light.
(One of the ways I justify my existence) :lol:
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

kbs2244 wrote:All true.

But just because these locations and artifacts are used a jumping off points for flights of fancy does not mean they do not exist.
Some of their points may be exaggerated, twisted, and even ignored.
But that is often done by both sides.

There are just to many historical “out of place artifacts” and locations, as well as the new ones coming to light, to allow the traditional, British centric N A histories to stand unchallenged.

It can be uncomfortable.
Change is uncomfortable.
But sometimes change is needed to match newly discovered truths.
I certainly do not disagree with you. I simply wish more people were able to recognize the snake oil salesmen that can be found in the genre, making $$$ and counting on the gullible continuing to sleep right through their BS.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

For anyone who is really interested you can use this site European Proxy

http://www.anonymous-proxy.eu/

Open the site and then put the youtube url in the search box.

http://youtu.be/5gE9OnUI-No
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Minimalist wrote:For anyone who is really interested you can use this site European Proxy

http://www.anonymous-proxy.eu/

Open the site and then put the youtube url in the search box.

http://youtu.be/5gE9OnUI-No
No joy, min - H2 is using a pop-up to block it in Europe.

At $600,000 per episode, you know what H2 is going to do.

They are going to protect their property, and do their best to prevent anyone from calling bullshit using their footage, despite the "fair use" provisions of the US copyright law.

That includes use of "their" footage by any archaeologist trying to protect his professional reputation, who uses their footage of him or her.

Given that, the only thing to do is to sue them, but they have very deep pockets.

Those professionals whose reputations have been besmirched by H2's activities could form a class, and then sue for H2 big money, including penalty damages. Say several millions or so. A million per head, perhaps.

That is about the only thing that will discourage H2 from doing this in the future.

(By the way, I need $4,000 to finish up the book and screen play for the Richard Kieninger bio.)

As humor is exempt under "Fair Use" copyright exemptions, that is why I like the idea of an "Ancient Alien Cats from Outer Space" video.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Of course, the authors of "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" could always sue David Childress.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

I thought Childress,and friends, already lost their suit.
In a British court maybe?

E.P.
Do they let you into the local bars and diners in Kempton?
Or do you have to go down to Paxton?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

That's weird, E.P. because it worked when I tried it.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

kbs2244 wrote:I thought Childress,and friends, already lost their suit.
In a British court maybe?

E.P.
Do they let you into the local bars and diners in Kempton?
Or do you have to go down to Paxton?
No, kb, you have your facts completely scrambled.

Dan Brown admitted to using David's plagiarism of "Holy Blood, Holy Grail", which is what had David so scared.
Insteads of Dan Brown being liable for damages, David Childress would have been, on Dan Brown's testimony, little less.

kb, David's lesbian friends went bankrupt after a drunk beat up one of the locals and put him in the hospital. I have no problems with only bar in Kempton's the new owner. (If its any comfort to you, some of the locals know exactly who to contact if anything should happen to me. And have for a long time.)

I can't drink anymore, and Paxton is a long drive from Kempton.

The last time I was in Paxton they had a new coroner, and I am hoping to finally locate the death records of David's half brother John Moss. No one in Kempton wanted to talk about it, and the records were missing when I looked before.

The death toll from Richard Kieniger stands somewhere in the 180's now.
Reports of a few more suicides have come in to me, but I do not have the time to track them down.

It would be nice to check the Loughner files in Tucson for any visits made by him to David's store in Cottonwood.

(For those not familiar with the case, Loughner is the guy who tried to assassinate Rep. Gifford.)

Given both Loughner's use of salvia divinorum, and elements in his insane world view, my guess is that the probability of influences from David approaches 1. It is an interesting question as to whether those influences were direct.

I think Rep. Gifford's husband, Astronaut Kelly, would like to know the answer to those questions.
Also the voters who put Gifford in office.

Timothy's "buds" and parents would both know, but driving to Tucson, motel expenses, food, etc, would be pretty expensive.

I'd like to hire Jim Riordan ( "No one gets out of here alive" and "The Doors" with Oliver Stone) to finish off the Kieninger piece. My guess is an offer of $4,000 and 50% should do it, but I have not talked with him recently.

Summary:
Hopeless geek steals cult, becomes cult leader, and screws his was through his followers wives and teenage daughters.

But then we are getting a long way from the topic of a class action suit against H2 for several million dollars. There really is no reason why these archaeologists have to suffer from their shit. Even Brad Lepper.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

You see, kb, years ago I made a deal with the Devil.
But the Devil did not keep his end of the bargain,
and will now have to pay the consequences.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Peace be with you, my son.