Fuente Magna, the Sumerian "Rosetta Stone" of the Americas?

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Fuente Magna, the Sumerian "Rosetta Stone" of the Americ

Post by Minimalist »

Maybe.

Chris Rock explains why you cannot win an argument with a woman.

https://youtu.be/4f_oxZqD6wQ
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
shawomet

Post by shawomet »

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Not everyone sees it that way, of course.

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/sumer ... a-monolith
Despite frequent claims that the monolith was excavated Dr. Bernardo Biados in 2001, it was actually photographed by him in 2001 at its current location, the Museum of Metals in La Paz, Bolivia, as part of a search for "anomalous" artifacts with E. F. Legner, an emeritus biologist at the University of California who began promoting alternative beliefs about prehistory after his retirement. Biados is a primary or secondary school (colegio) teacher at the Colegio Internacional del Sur in La Paz and the director of the "Center for Precolumbian History and Writing" at the Universidad de San Francisco de Asís in La Paz, though I am unable to find information about him at either school, or even a record of this Center existing outside alternative archaeology websites.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
hardaker

Post by hardaker »

in terms of the general idea of diffusionism, and the rabid cries against it by the mainstreamers, this is a book worth reading.
Man Across the Sea: Problems of Pre-Columbian Contacts
https://books.google.com/books?id=lmvUB ... gy&f=false

It was an official SAA symposia book, from around 1968. It is probably the last time such a diffusionist symposia was held without the term pseudo-science being in the title. The issues have hardly changed since then. You cannot be a little bit pregnant. Either the New World was thoroughly isolated from the Old World, or it wasn't. The professionals in this symposium will surprise you because they are approaching the ideas and evidence with reason. It was a small window of time, the mid-60s. Meggars was finding the Jomon pottery types in Ecuador, and she was Smithsonian brass. When I was involved in running after degrees in the 70s, the bottom line had turned radically reactionary, probably because of the increased awareness of civil rights and of the current plight of native americans, both mid-late 60s. I used to test the diffusionist question in bars and halls between papers at conferences. Diffusionists were now being vilified as racists. The common quip was, if you think old worlders came over and began civilizations in the new world, then it is obvious that you do not think that native americans had the intelligence to do it on their own, therefore diffusionists are racist. George Carter even wrote a short article on this egregious line of reasoning. There's been lots and lots of emotion dolled out over the decades. Plus the fact that boats easily decay over time.

Given all this academic emotion and vileness against diffusion, the mainstreamers are left with only one alternative to explain the exacting similarities of some artifacts (eg. Shang dynasty and Olmec). That is, psychic unity, the mental side of independent invention. And the academics don't want to touch psychic unity with a ten foot pole. To do that would take a firm grasp of the nature of consciousness.

Whether or not Africans et al could make it to Brazil et al, shouldn't be an issue any more.

British pair becomes first mother and daughter team to cross Atlantic in rowboat
Wednesday, May 5, 2004
(05-05) 09:03 PDT BRIDGETOWN, Barbados (AP) –
Sarah and Sally Kettle have become the first mother-daughter team to cross the Atlantic in a row boat.
The British pair set off in a 23-foot plywood boat, the Calderdale, from the Canary Islands on Jan. 20, along with 13 other boats racing in the Ocean Rowing Society's Atlantic Rowing Regatta.
Sarah, 45, and Sally, 27, arrived late Tuesday night in Barbados after the 2,907-mile journey.
"Fantastic, absolutely fantastic," Sarah Kettle said.
She said the trip was fueled by chocolate.
"We ate so much chocolate. I never ate so much chocolate until now," she said. [44]
Chris Hardaker
The First American: The Suppressed Story of the People Who Discovered the New World [ https://www.amazon.com/First-American-S ... 1564149420 ]
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Hi Chris -

There is a difference between diffusion and the hyper diffusion of the theosophists.

I covered diffusion in "Man and Impact in the Americas" and you can find citations to the literature in 2005 there.

I cover hyper-diffussion in my guide inside the modern theosophist cult archaeology industry.
hardaker

Post by hardaker »

hyper-diffusion -- don't know the definition.
"the modern theosophist cult archaeology industry" -- unfamiliar with this. My truck with professionals gives me the idea most if not all are strict materialists, but then again, I have been out of touch for the last few years.
Chris Hardaker
The First American: The Suppressed Story of the People Who Discovered the New World [ https://www.amazon.com/First-American-S ... 1564149420 ]
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

hardaker wrote:hyper-diffusion -- don't know the definition.
"the modern theosophist cult archaeology industry" -- unfamiliar with this. My truck with professionals gives me the idea most if not all are strict materialists, but then again, I have been out of touch for the last few years.
Hi Chris -

The most useful tool for separating the wheat from the chaff:
http://archaeologica.boardbot.com/viewt ... =10&t=3648

This should take about an evening to read, and should[/]be a lot of fun to read.
It will save you many hours in the future.

Citations to the hard data (as of 2005) on trans-oceanic contact can be found in "Man and Impact in the Americas".