More Giants

The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: More Giants

Post by Minimalist »

"The forehead is typically a prominent one, bordered below by fairly prominent brow ridges....The characteristic bulge of the upper and lower jaws (alveolar prognathism) is moderate in projection...Usually the cheek bones are not only of large size in themselves but they have a forward and lateral prominence..."

Sounds like Marfan Syndrome - a hereditary disease....including this famous sufferer.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Interesting!
Did Lincoln have two rows of teeth?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I don't know... but dental problems are common in Marfan's and not every symptom exhibits in every case.

You should read up on it. Maybe you'd be less likely to fall for every quack who comes along?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

Smithsonian scientists identified at least 17 skeletons that stood at over seven feet in their annual reports, including one example that was 8 feet tall, and a skull with a 36-inch circumference reported from Anna, Illinois in the Smithsonian Annual Report of 1873, (an average human skull is about 20 inches in circumference).
http://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplai ... ica-005196
uniface

Post by uniface »