Jesus for Minimalist

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

uniface

Jesus for Minimalist

Post by uniface »

I think you could actually get behind this once the shock of temporal displacement wore off.

http://chronologia.org/en/how_it_was/02.html
http://chronologia.org/en/how_it_was/02_06.html
http://chronologia.org/en/how_it_was/02_11.html

If you just want to cut to the chase, the last one.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Jesus for Minimalist

Post by Minimalist »

I think that man got frostbite of the brain in one of those really bad Russian winters.

Should have used some more vodka.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

Typically flippant, shallow and ignorant response.

Striking poses and mockery are not the responses of a mature adult on a board devoted to more-or-less (with allowances) serious discussion. As adolescents used to learn.
uniface

Post by uniface »

Are you trying to make us puke?
Sure, Lil. Reasoned positions are always properly rebutted by revolting visceral imagery. That's how the scientific method works. You must be picking that up from Min, who is setting a bad example.

It's that, Judaism or PMS.

Care to clarify ?
uniface

Post by uniface »

Two of you now.

Lovely :roll:
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Wow
Just WOW
Where would you start?
It would be like sending Mike Tyson against a cloud.

For a start....
All his place names are post Christian towns.
(By conventional time lines.)
There is a great possibly they were founded or renamed after the popularity of Christianity.
All in honor of the religion.

As an example, I doubt there is a state in the lower 48 of the United States that does not have a town named Salem, or an Antioch, or even a Corinth.
There are even some called "Rome"
Those towns would really skew his locations and time line.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

uniface wrote:Typically flippant, shallow and ignorant response.

Striking poses and mockery are not the responses of a mature adult on a board devoted to more-or-less (with allowances) serious discussion. As adolescents used to learn.

After all this time it is hard to take your brain farts seriously.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

He sticks out like a sore thumb.
That's one way of putting it.

Pretty much sums it up, IMO.
uniface

Post by uniface »

There have been more and more of you coming online over the years.

No matter what you may care to believe, you're obviously cliches from the same mold, making the impression you were designed to make by a sort of reflex action -- delighted in solidarity with your comrades and pitching allergic tantrums when you encounter any idea incongruous with your programming.

You're in a class with global warmists, neocons, Moonies, Scientologists, "holocaust historians," corporate media shills, military brass and politicians whose malaise runs deeper than sheer greed.

You're toxic. All of you.

The hell of it is, you (personally) are keenly intelligent. But that doesn't sell what you're putting out there. To people who value the ability to think, you're what the Russian call "pretty poison." NOT unable to think or slow on the uptake. But subverted -- like a computer that's been hacked and turned to serving nefarious ends without the least awareness that it's been commandeered and re-programed to advance an objective not really your own.

That, at any rate, is how I see you in light of your recent posts.
uniface

Post by uniface »

kbs : it seems you've identified something you can object to. As it looks on this end, you're focusing on the fact that there is a Washington DC, a Washington Pennsylvania, a state of Washington and so on.

But does this really imply that the idea of there having been an original, eponymous George Washington must be an after-the-fact rationalization ?

Sure, in Scaligerian "chronology" they were all named subsequently. But suspend the assumption that the "traditional" timeline is even approximately correct and the picture makes much better sense.

And when you follow the lines of evidence and reasoning of the Fomenko school, they stand up.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Uni's meme.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

Aluminium foil isn't adequate. What you want is the heavier gauge stuff used in insulation. Or an aluminium collander.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Don't pick on the FSM.

Remember.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

Yup, we're unstoppable. :lol:
And your kind is losing 'marketshare'. Fast! :twisted:
Within 2 decades you'se will be a minority.
And you will finally know what it feels like to be one. The shoe will be on the other foot!
In your dreams, chickie poo. That rhetoric (& fantasy)'s well over a hundred years old. It's in re-runs of re-runs by now. Warmed over Lenin, Bela Kun, . . . the list is a long one. "Comes the Revolution . . "

But it never ends well for you, does it ?
uniface

Post by uniface »

Good old Min.

Fraudulento, ergo sum.

"I mock, therefore I am."

Very post-modern of you.

But tedious as hell after a while when that's all you've got.