Skull Deformation

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

kbs2244

Re: Skull Deformation

Post by kbs2244 »

I have to give some weight to the idea of “imitation”
But of who, how far back and if there is any connection among those across the globe doing the practice.
I am an admitted believer in the idea of “diffusion.”
I have a strong affinity to the idea of very early use of trans- ocean trading.
This would take star gazing navigators.
Was this type of skull common among the early Egyptian or Babylonian priests?
(I am thinking along the lines of the “tall and narrow” inherited skull of northern Europeans.)
They were the star gazers of old and may have been worthy on imitation even to the point of exaggeration.

as an OBTW
Circumcision was practiced by the Egyptians before the Exodus.
uniface

Post by uniface »

now you are being coy about clarifying "those-whose-existence-is-recorded-in-universal-memory-but-who-are-not-to-be-mentioned-because-the-current-paradigm-does-not-admit-that-they-could-have-been-here-among-us. "
that supposedly is an explanation . Don't be shy . It's only a laugh .
Dorothy Parker once reviewed the performance of a Broadway actress as running the gauntlet of emotions from A to C.

Which about describes your intellectual horizon.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Circumcision was practiced by the Egyptians before the Exodus.
The "jews" borrowed everything else in their so-called bible. Why not that?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

And still we wait for any aerial evidence or clarity on ""those-whose-existence-is-recorded-in-universal-memory-but-who-are-not-to-be-mentioned-because-the-current-paradigm-does-not-admit-that-they-could-have-been-here-among-us. " .

Instead all we get are are content and evidence free personal comments .
It's not good enough to say something is a smoke screen or wrong you have to explain why .
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

kbs2244 wrote:I have to give some weight to the idea of “imitation”
Who wouldn't .
Let's not forget plagiarism too .
But here is a huge difference between that and what the fantasists believe .
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Why think there is a specific source that explains all the others by diffusion ?

It’s a cultural phenomena, like many others found throughout the world in different periods .
What is the problem with that parsimonious explanation ?
What is the alternative ?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

These guys did not seem to need any "aliens" or whatever.

http://afritorial.com/tribe-the-mangbetu/

The practice survived into the age of color photography.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Lily wrote:
Tiompan wrote:What is the alternative ?
"There is no alternative because you and yours adamantly refuse to consider one. "

Questioning the credibilty of alternatives doesn't preclude their existence or indicate a refusal to consider them .
I keep asking for them but you and Uni won't respond .

"You dismiss and ridicule those who do try to consider one. You even obstruct and sabotage them. "

Since when is asking for examples obstructing or sabotaging .
I'll ask again .
What is the problem with the parsimonious explanation ?
What is the alternative ?
What is ""those-whose-existence-is-recorded-in-universal-memory-but-who-are-not-to-be-mentioned-because-the-current-paradigm-does-not-admit-that-they-could-have-been-here-among-us. " about ?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

When you don't have one?

(Just a guess.)

-- George Carlin
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Minimalist wrote:

When you don't have one?

(Just a guess.)

Could be . Strange behaviour when all that is needed is a classic fantasy followed by the an equally nonsensical "prove it didn't happen " .
But there is still "those-whose-existence-is-recorded-in-universal-memory-but-who-are-not-to-be-mentioned-because-the-current-paradigm-does-not-admit-that-they-could-have-been-here-among-us. "
That suggests that at least Uni has bought one of the alt. "theories " .
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

uniface wrote:Lilly's put her finger on it. Either of my two ways, it's emulation -- whether that be of the highest status people in that culture or of those-whose-existence-is-recorded-in-universal-memory-but-who-are-not-to-be-mentioned-because-the-current-paradigm-does-not-admit-that-they-could-have-been-here-among-us.

Same thing as Black folks in decades past buying trainloads of hair conk and skin lightener to make them look more nearly White.

None of your genetic problems or environmental issues deform skulls to that extreme a degree and in that way. That's claiming "It just happened" again -- which you reject as a summary of your position but then immediately revert to behind a smokescreen of non sequeturs.

Nice...

Your racist/white supremacist ideology shines through like a beacon. Just look at your example... In your world view whites are the highest status persons in our culture... Therefore all non white persons want to emulate their appearance? Really? :lol:
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

For evidence, Circ, they could produce Michael Jackson.

Granted that is one very exceptional case.

-- George Carlin
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Hyper and everyday diffusionism is often based on a racist agenda or at least a lack of appreciation of what indigenous peoples are capable of .
It also works the other way monuments like Stonehenge were always considered to have had a Mediterranean i.e. Classic Greek/ Roman / Mycenaen
even Egyptian origin as it wasn’t believed the locals could have managed it .
For the past century white folks , physically , have been trying to get a few shades darker and culturally , attempting to emulate black musicians ,
which has been phenomenally successful economically and much less so aesthetically .
Still waiting for any argument against the most parsimonious one or even a diffusionist one .
Last edited by Tiompan on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
uniface

Post by uniface »

Just look at your example... In your world view whites are the highest status persons in our culture... Therefore all non white persons want to emulate their appearance? Really? :lol:
No, Honey

It was in their worldview (it's one word, precious) that White people were the elite. That's why they bought that stuff and used it.

Why don't you run along now and play. Overtaxing your intellect is making you cranky.
uniface

Post by uniface »

You are conflating emulation with vanity and neurosis. :wink: