Tomb of Batah-M-Woya

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Tomb of Batah-M-Woya

Post by Minimalist »

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/egyp ... index.html
Archaeologists in Egypt reveal tomb of Ramses II's chief treasurer
(CNN) — Archaeologists in Egypt have uncovered the tomb of Batah-M-Woya, who was chief treasurer in the time of King Ramses II.
The tomb is located in Saqqara, a huge necropolis south of Cairo, according to a statement from Egypt's Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities published Saturday.
I imagine there will be lots more to come out of this dig.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Re: Tomb of Batah-M-Woya

Post by circumspice »

Isn't that cache of wooden coffins intrusive burials from the Late Period? Those photos look familiar, like they're from an earlier article & just being used like stock photos. This article is rather vague & less than informative.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Tomb of Batah-M-Woya

Post by Minimalist »

It says "In January the authorities announced the wooden coffins." January was quite a while ago at this point. I suppose it counts!

This is just a press release from the team. We'll have to watch for more detailed info in Smithsonian or something similar.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin