Unsuccessful Colonization?

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

circumspice

Unsuccessful Colonization?

Post by circumspice »

Well, this is fairly up to date... Remember how archaeologists finally acknowledged that admixture of modern humans with archaic humans had occurred? And how they wondered where the admixture events, aka boinking, occurred? Okay then... Maybe one or two events happened here, about 54kya. Or maybe not, because the modern humans at this site subsequently disappeared, leaving no trace. However, before this find, humans securely dated to have lived in France 54kya is unprecedented. I look forward to seeing how this find interpreted. I have always thought that colonization events were pretty haphazard, a few being successful & most being unsuccessful. It probably took several waves of migration just to establish sufficient populations to gain a foothold in new territory. Just my take on it.

https://phys.org/news/2022-02-french-ca ... early.html#!
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope