Scan Pyramids Redux

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

circumspice

Scan Pyramids Redux

Post by circumspice »

This article is fairly recent. It's not a slow news day regurgitation either. There's nothing really new to report. However, it is a bid to solicit funds for the next series of scans. They got permission to conduct the tests, now they need to drum up the support. Even if they got the funds today, the results are expected no sooner than about 5 to 6 years afterwards. That includes 2 to 3 years to build the equipment, 2 to 3 years to conduct the tests & at least 2 years to analize the results. They're trying to notch up the excitement factor to get the ball rolling.

https://www.sciencealert.com/new-scans- ... id-of-giza
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Scan Pyramids Redux

Post by Minimalist »

Archaeologists are uncertain as to what they will find in the void, which could be one large area or several small rooms, they said. They also hope to find out the function of that void; the most fantastic possibility is that the opening is the hidden burial chamber of Khufu. A more mundane possibility is that the cavity played some role in the building of the pyramid.
An even more "mundane" possibility is that the internal fill settled after one of the many earthquakes that have rocked the region in the last 4,500 years. But, who would ante up for that?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Re: Scan Pyramids Redux

Post by circumspice »

Too true. They even hinted that the technology has advanced so far in the interim that it can tell the difference between possible contents such as air/empty, stone fill & wood or metal artifacts. I'm just as curious as anyone else, but don't piss in my ear & tell me it's raining.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope