Joke page

Here's where you get off topic and off center....Keep it nice, keep it clean, no sniping, no flaming. After that, anything goes.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

:D
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
zan

Post by zan »

Speakers or headphones are required.

Be careful if you are in the office or kids are near.....

Mad Cow
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

The only restraints that we have on our mind are the ones that we impose on ourself. We are limited by our own thinking.
Digit

Post by Digit »

One for you colonials :twisted:

The train was packed, and the U. S. Marine Walked the entire length looking for a seat, but a well-dressed, Middle-aged, French woman's poodle took the only seat remaining.
The war-weary Marine asked, 'Ma'am, may I have that
seat?'
The French woman just sniffed and said to no one in particular, 'Americans
are so rude. My little Fifi is using that seat.'
The Marine walked the entire train again, but the only seat left was under
that dog. 'Please, ma'am. May I sit down? I'm very tired.'
She snorted, 'Not only are you Americans rude, you are also arrogant!'
This time the Marine didn't say a word; he just picked up the little Dog,
tossed it out the train window, and sat down.
The woman shrieked, 'Someone must defend my honor! Put this American in his place!'
An English gentleman sitting nearby spoke up, 'Sir, you Americans seem to have a penchant for doing the wrong thing. You hold the fork in the wrong hand, you drive your vehicles on the wrong side of the road. And now, Sir, you seem to have thrown the wrong bitch out of the window.'

Roy.
Rudolph Hucker

Post by Rudolph Hucker »

Ryanair pilot Paddy is flying into DSA.

The plane is in trouble, so he calls the tower and shouts

"Help, help .... Easter ... Pancake Tuesday .... Christmas ..... New Years Day ..... Bank Holiday Monday .... Halloween .... Bonfire night."...

Voice comes back.

"For fecks sake Paddy, its Mayday" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"i do not think that religious people have lower i.q.s i just don't think they gain enough knowledge nor are taught properly how to use what they have learned." - Archaeologist

"Dawkins isn't that intelligent" - Archaeologist
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

Hey, Arch, is that you? I'm actually glad you're back.
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Frank Harrist wrote:Hey, Arch, is that you? I'm actually glad you're back.
Not even remotely possible...... :shock:
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

An honest mistake. He's in Korea and he quotes Arch. Who else would quote that idiot??????????????????????????????????????? No offense, Rudy. It was also the kind of lame-ass joke Arch would like. Again, no offense intended, Rudy. Tell arch hey for me if you see him. BTW Korea has a really good baseball team in the World Baseball Classic. They could win it all.
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

Oh, and what better place for arch to re-appear than the JOKE page? Right? :lol:
Rudolph Hucker

Post by Rudolph Hucker »

Frank Harrist wrote:An honest mistake. He's in Korea and he quotes Arch. Who else would quote that idiot??????????????????????????????????????? No offense, Rudy. It was also the kind of lame-ass joke Arch would like. Again, no offense intended, Rudy. Tell arch hey for me if you see him. BTW Korea has a really good baseball team in the World Baseball Classic. They could win it all.
No offence taken ol' boy. Had a quiet smirk to missen, that's all.

I don't think Archie has a sense of humour: I reckon it's 'cos he's perhaps from some bizarre German protestant sect that disavows all modern inventions - except the internet.

Yes, my wife is enthralled with Korea having beaten Mexico and is glued to the screen wtaching the needle match of Japan v Korea. That for her is as serious as England beating France in the rugby last week. Well, thrashing actually.
"i do not think that religious people have lower i.q.s i just don't think they gain enough knowledge nor are taught properly how to use what they have learned." - Archaeologist

Rudolph Hucker

Post by Rudolph Hucker »

Frank Harrist wrote:Oh, and what better place for arch to re-appear than the JOKE page? Right? :lol:
BTW, much enjoyed your book - is it still in print?

Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

Which book is that? :?
Rudolph Hucker

Post by Rudolph Hucker »

Frank Harrist wrote:Which book is that? :?
This one:-

Available from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Life-Loves-L ... 971&sr=8-1

My Life and Loves (Literary Classics) (Paperback)
by Frank Harris (Author)

2 Reviews
5 star: (1)
4 star: (0)
3 star: (1)
2 star: (0)
1 star: (0)

› See all 2 customer reviews...

4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available from these sellers.

3 new from £60.35

Not cheap ....

Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

Oh, that one! My nom de plum(In a previous life when I was Brittish). I have since added the 'T' on the end, but I write under Frank Nolan. I once wrote an operator's manual for a glass tempering furnace, entitled, "Operator's Manual for Glass Tempering Furnace". Not exactly a best-seller, but it was good work, I thought. Out of print now, I'm afraid.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I think I saw the X-rated version of that one.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

I starred in it!