Oh Christ!!

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Post by Guest »

Frank is right. The first five minutes of the Alphabet one was juvenile and stupid
i think those words are a compliment and not an insult. he goes to a graffitti artist to talk about the start of lettering???? that was just too much, it made his israelites in athens theory look scholarly and you know how i feel about about that thought.

i was going to take notes on the absurd stuff so i would remember what i wanted to talk about but about 8 minutes in i realized i didn't need notes, it was all absurd.

the guy doesn't even crack a book or listen to an experienced archaeologist, he doesn't even look at evidence or investigative work...

how did he get to have a show? how did people even agree to tak to this guy? i don't know where to begin and when i do i do not know where i can stop.

the late ron wyatt could do better than this dribble and i do not like ron wyatt's work. please your comments...***

i wrote this tonight as i have a busy day tomorrow . i am trying to find something positive in each of these episodes but i just may be a glutton for punishment. the only positive item i could find in this travesty was when it ended.

i need to go find my Bible thumper pills...
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

archaeologist wrote: he goes to a graffitti artist to talk about the start of lettering????
Like I almost said, Archaeology is the new hip-hop. Big up!
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

i was going to take notes on the absurd stuff so i would remember what i wanted to talk about but about 8 minutes in i realized i didn't need notes, it was all absurd.

I take it that means the e-mail transmission worked?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
marduk

Post by marduk »

the late ron wyatt could do better than this dribble and i do not like ron wyatt's work. please your comments
the late Ron Wyatt was a complete ass
:lol:

Post by Guest »

I take it that means the e-mail transmission worked?
yes, feel free to send some more.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I've got 3 saved on my DVR and will get two more tonight.

I'll probably be able to send some out tomorrow.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

Post by Guest »

great thanks. i am surprised no one responded to my analysis, i thought for sure others had their comments to make.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

What's to say? The idea is bizarre.

Jacobovici seems to have no sense of historical 'scale.' He thinks society back then was just like now with 'mass literacy.'

In one of his books, Finkelstein makes a good case for literacy resulting from a definitive need for record-keeping when a society reaches a certain developmental point. The idea that slaves or goatherders would need literacy and, moreover, would go out of their way to invent it, is laughable. Writing is an outgrowth of the need for a central government (usually a king who cannot survey his holdings in the course of an afternoon ride) to keep track of things. He does not need an educated populace to do this - merely a couple of well placed scribes. Literature derives from those scribes having some free time to write stuff down.

Simcha leaps from slaves to public schools with none of the intermediary steps.

-- George Carlin
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

TV networks need a real archaeologist on staff to sort out all the bullshit so the public isn't mis-informed. People WILL take this as gospel, just because they saw it on TV. At least the uninformed ones will. I have a few hunches too, but they just won't give me my own show. Just goes to show you that "it's not what you know, it's who you know".
Barracuda

Post by Barracuda »

i need to go find my Bible thumper pills...
:P

ROFLMAO!
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

TV networks need a real archaeologist on staff to sort out all the bullshit so the public isn't mis-informed.

Frank, he speaks to REAL archaeologists (some, like Gabriel Barkay have been discussed on this board.)

He just ignores what they say and blunders off on his merry way!

-- George Carlin
Barracuda

Post by Barracuda »

I saw part of it last night. I couldn't stand to watch the whole thing.
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

Minimalist wrote:
TV networks need a real archaeologist on staff to sort out all the bullshit so the public isn't mis-informed.

Frank, he speaks to REAL archaeologists (some, like Gabriel Barkay have been discussed on this board.)

He just ignores what they say and blunders off on his merry way!
Yes, but I mean someone who could say yae or nae on whether a show has enough merit to be aired. If I was on staff at HI this show would never have even made it to production.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Min - I got it! Playing it now. Thanks.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

You may not thank me after you watch it.

:wink:

-- George Carlin