Lucy Displaced

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Lucy Displaced

Post by Minimalist »

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200910 ... H1K02.html

WASHINGTON (AP) - The story of humankind is reaching back another million years as scientists learn more about "Ardi," a hominid who lived 4.4 million years ago in what is now Ethiopia. The 110-pound, 4-foot female roamed forests a million years before the famous Lucy, long studied as the earliest skeleton of a human ancestor.

This older skeleton reverses the common wisdom of human evolution, said anthropologist C. Owen Lovejoy of Kent State University.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Re: Lucy Displaced

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Minimalist wrote:http://apnews.excite.com/article/200910 ... H1K02.html
This older skeleton reverses the common wisdom of human evolution, said anthropologist C. Owen Lovejoy of Kent State University.
...and makes the concept of HE conquering the world instead of HSS (and a million to 2 million years earlier) all the more likely!
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

HE conquering the world
In boats!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Leona Conner

Post by Leona Conner »

And I can hear my Fundie neighbors wailing that the devil has provided them with wrong information. After all, everybody knows that the earth wasn't even here 6 million years ago. :twisted:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Sucks to be them, Leona.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Minimalist wrote:
HE conquering the world
In boats!
On foot between 2.0 and 1.0 million years BP, because they could. By boat between 1.0 million and 100,000 years BP, because they had to.
Last edited by Rokcet Scientist on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Digit

Post by Digit »

By QUANTAS, by heck!

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt